Though one of the most intuitif player on the planet, may not be always obvious how to ... do something.
This page is here to help you find what you need.
First, always remember the following:
1) Positioning the mouse cursor on an area will show a tool tip.
2) Right Clicking often open a context menu or execute a function.
You may also want to:
Search for free songs here:
SECRET FEATURES Some features you may not be aware of
- Allow to play only a selected part of a file(s): RIGHT click on the seek bar closer to left or right to view and enable a time marker. Yellow marker indicate starting time and red indicate stopping time, in %.
- DOUBLE click the text display on the top of the player.
- Like setting volume but using the RIGHT mouse button. You may also hold [Shift] + left/right arrow keys
Setting Windows Master & Wave volume
- RIGHT click on the volume button's background, that is left or right of the button. (Only master in vista, no effect in Win7)
Quickly set the playlist height
- Click and hold the resize button and drag up or down.
Instant seek to 0-90% of time
- Press 0-9 to playback at 0-90%, 1 for 10%, 5 for 50%, etc....
Instant opening of control panel
- RIGHT click on Alpha 2 logo at the top left of the player:
- DOUBLE click on Alpha 2 logo at the top left of the player:
Quickly open File properties
- Click on the metadata display, left of the time display. Press "i".
Change the VU meter mode
- Click or DOUBLE click on it. RIGHT click to open settings.
Make the skin completely disappear
- DOUBLE click on the volume button's background, that is left or right of the button.
Mess up the whole thing, crash Alpha 2 and the PC
- RIGHT click on the community board, find out the password then click on everything you see :)